Arch Expander Appliance
A palate expander is an orthodontic appliance designed to help widen the upper jaw, making room for permanent teeth to grow in their correct position. These arch expansion appliances are also used to resolve discrepancies between the upper and lower jaw.
Palate expanders are often recommended for younger children who still have growth potential. They are used to correct the following conditions:
- Underbite: An underbite is a condition where a lower teeth protrudes beyond the upper front teeth. It can result in an imbalanced facial appearance and affect speech and chewing. Addressing an underbite may involve orthodontic interventions such as braces, Invisalign, or a dental arch expander.
- Sleep-disordered breathing: Sleep-disordered breathing encompasses conditions like snoring and sleep apnea, where normal breathing is disrupted during sleep. Management may include lifestyle changes, positional therapy, or surgical interventions. Patients can use a dental arch expander to address underlying structural issues contributing to breathing difficulties during sleep.
- Shifting of the lower jaw to close the bite: This refers to a condition where the lower jaw moves to one side when closing the mouth. Dentists may recommend patients orthodontic treatments, bite adjustments, or an arch expander appliance to manage the shifting.
- Severe dental crowding: Dental crowding occurs when insufficient space in the jaw leads to overlapping or misalignment. Standard orthodontic solutions include braces, Invisalign, or arch expansion appliances to create additional space in the jaw.
- Posterior crossbite: In a posterior crossbite, the upper teeth on one side fit inside the lower teeth, affecting the alignment of the back teeth. An arch expander appliance can assist in widening the dental arch. Other interventions, including braces or aligners, are often used to correct a posterior crossbite.
- Narrow smile: A narrow smile refers to a limited width between the upper and lower dental arches, affecting the smile’s overall appearance. Orthodontic treatments, such as braces and expander orthodontic appliances, can effectively address this condition.
- Difficulty breathing: Difficulty breathing can result from nasal congestion, respiratory conditions, or obstructive sleep apnea. In cases where structural issues contribute to breathing problems, a dental arch expander can address anatomical concerns and improve airflow.
- Complete crossbite: In a complete crossbite, the upper teeth sit inside the lower teeth on both sides of the mouth. Correcting a complete crossbite involves orthodontic methods, such as braces or aligners, to reposition the teeth. Occasionally, an arch expander may be employed to widen the arch and achieve the desired alignment of the upper and lower teeth.
For over 30 years, OrthoDenco has been providing dental practitioners with custom palate expanders made from the highest quality materials. Our proprietary quality controls allow us to deliver high-precision appliances on time and within budget.
First Order With OrthoDenco?
Get 20% OFF
"*" indicates required fields
Why Early Orthodontic Evaluation Matters?
Early orthodontic evaluation, typically recommended around the age of seven, offers a range of benefits that contribute to a child’s overall oral health and well-being. Here are key advantages associated with early orthodontic assessment:
- One of the primary benefits is the early detection of orthodontic issues. By evaluating a child’s dental and jaw development at an early age, you can identify potential problems such as misalignments, bite issues, or crowding.
- Early evaluation enables you to assess the growth and development of the jaw. Some orthodontic issues, such as improper jaw growth or skeletal discrepancies, can be better managed and guided when identified early. Orthodontic appliances can guide jaw development more favorably.
- Addressing orthodontic issues can prevent the progression of problems that may lead to more complicated and extensive treatments later in life. Early intervention may reduce the need for extensive orthodontic work during adolescence or adulthood, contributing to a more straightforward and cost-effective treatment process.
- Early orthodontic evaluation allows for monitoring the eruption of permanent teeth. You can identify potential tooth eruption, spacing, or impaction issues. Timely intervention can help guide teeth into their proper positions, reducing the likelihood of future complications.
- Early orthodontic treatment can also positively impact a child’s facial aesthetics. Addressing issues such as protruding teeth or an underdeveloped jaw early on can contribute to a more balanced and harmonious facial appearance.
- Addressing orthodontic concerns early can positively influence a child’s self-esteem. Proactive orthodontic care helps prevent visible dental issues, reducing the potential for teasing or self-consciousness associated with misaligned or protruding teeth.
Orthodontic expanders help create space for severely crowded teeth. In some cases, they may be the difference between extraction and non-extraction treatments.
At OrthoDenco Orthodontic Lab, we create expanders that will help enhance arch development while maximizing comfort. Our experienced technicians work with a wide range of screw and design options to deliver bespoke orthodontic appliances that meet your clinical requirements.
Experience the OrthoDenco difference
Orthodenco develops palate expander appliances using superior materials and manufacturing processes perfected over 30 years. Our orthodontic devices are continuously refined using the latest technologies such as CAD-CAM and laser welding.
We work tirelessly to deliver premium expanders and other orthodontic appliances in a timely manner. For urgent orders, you can get our same-day rush service.
Top-notch lab technicians
With over 30 specialists on the staff, we deliver superior dental appliances that match your exact specifications. Our team of seasoned orthodontic lab technicians can help you avoid unnecessary delays and other manufacturing issues that are often overlooked by labs.
The benefit of working with OrthoDenco Orthodontic labs not only stems from its expertise but also from its investment in a comprehensive inventory of screws and components, which drastically increase appliance design and application alternatives. Also, the use of state of the art technology such as laser welding helps the lab produce higher quality appliances and provides the opportunity to create designs that would not have been as comfortable, effective or even possible with common soldering techniques.
Feel like you have a unique case that other labs may not be able to tackle? Give us a call today and find out how our vast customization expertise can help create the exact appliance you’re looking for.
Contact OrthoDenco today
Contact OrthoDenco today to speak with one of our customer care professionals and coordinate the timing of your next space maintainer case. If you wish, you can ask to speak to one of our experienced technicians and design the appliance over the phone.