The digital revolution has forever changed the way dental practices serve their patient base. Intra-oral scanners are a viable alternative for practices that wish to provide their patients with the highest level of care. Some of the benefits of using intra-oral are:
Less trauma, especially in cases of gag reflex and special needs patients.
- Wow factor, patients notice and appreciate the ‘tech feel” of an intra-oral scanner.
- Accuracy, don’t you hate to have to call your patient back due to a distorted impression or broken model?
- No mess, no alginate, no plaster, no trays, no model trimmer.
- No shipping out, digital impressions are sent through “the cloud.”
Conversely, OrthoDenco has created a Digital Department to meet the needs of practices using intra-oral scanners. Aligners, Splints, and any other appliance can be manufactured using digital files; OrthoDenco uses highly advanced software and 3D printers that turn your digital impressions into extremely accurate resin models. Please follow the steps below to help you upload patient files.
Send your files to the lab:
When using Itero or True Definition scanners you can upload your files in two ways:
- Usign orthodenco’s HIPPA compliant “cloud” system,
- Please call OrthoDenco to setup your profile.
When using any other scanner, simply download the file, your scanner will create a .stl type file that you can send to OrthoDenco using easyrx.
Digital Study Models
Although plaster study models have undeniable benefits, digital has become a viable alternative for practices that are running out space to store plaster models or find storage inconvenient and impractical. Some of the benefits of digital study are:
- NO physical storage, your information is safely stored in the cloud.
- Information is easy accessible, cloud platform is easy to use and helps to keep files organized.
- Can access the records from anywhere as long as you have an internet connection.
- In case of transfers, the files can be 3D printed.
- Collaborate and share information with colleagues.
- iOC STL Export Instructions
Call us for any comments or inquiries about our digital service.